Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Morning Glory

This morning was wonderful. I love waking up earlier than I need to. I mean, yeah, I'd like to get some extra sleep...but I love mornings. I love going to Something Brewing in the morning. Today I went with Laura and Andy and had breakfast on the deck outside. Beautiful morning. They're still doing maintenance on the train tracks, so we there was a nice musical backdrop of those clanging bells as the gates went up and down. We sat around and talked about what we want to do after graduation. I've got a couple of different things in mind:
  • find an organization that helps the homeless (like an advocacy group, maybe)
  • work for a non-profit that helps low-income families find housing (like Habitat for Humanity)
  • work for a company that produces alternative energy (like an ethanol producer or a wind farm)
I just feel like I need to do something meaningful. Even if I end up stuck in the accounting department at one of these places, at least I'm part of a team that's part of the solution.

So...true story: I'm back to being happy. There was a week or so there when I wasn't so happy, but I'm back on top of things. Still homesick, though. I've been writing love letters to my dog...