Sunday, December 02, 2007

Jingle Bells, Batman Smells

Oh lord, it's December. My holiday work schedule started today. Six days a week, 8-12 hours a day, for three weeks. Cha-ching! Tonight was a "light" night; I only had to work 7h45min.

Thursday was a big day for me. I got my oil changed and managed to play the dumb daddy's girl and still not get screwed over. After that, I went to the mall and bought myself some Christmas presents. I had every intention of buying myself a ring for Christmas, but when I was at Helzberg I fell in love with two and couldn't choose. So I bought both. A yellow gold smoky quartz ring and a white gold garnet ring. These pictures don't do them justice...they're so much more delicate & beautiful in person, especially the garnet ring, which sparkles like light hitting stained glass or red wine in a crystal glass. Right now they're both being sized, and I'll be able to pick them up next Thursday. I probably won't be able to wait until Christmas to wear them, though.

My grandpa is home & recovering nicely, and I'm also bouncing back from double ear infections. Things are going pretty well for me right now. Let's hope it sticks.