Friday, May 23, 2008

Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes

Last night I finished knitting the first sweater of my own design. There are a couple of things I will change about it when I write the pattern, but overall I'm very happy with it. It looks exactly like my sketches! I never really thought I would be able to write my own patterns, but Flavio inspired me to try, and the way this sweater turned out has given me a lot of confidence to try more complex designs. I've got a few more ideas up my sleeve that I want to try out soon: a baseball-style raglan for boys, a cloverleaf eyelet sweater-blouse for girls, and a unisex mesh-like beach hoodie.

In other news: apparently I got a contractual 33-cents/hour raise at work, I'm reading Stephenie Meyer's new novel The Host, the Old 97's new album Blame it on Gravity is frigging a-mazing, gas is too damn expensive (and I'm too damn broke), and every day from 2 to 4 pm you can get a route 44 cherry limeade at Sonic for 94 cents + tax (making it an even dollar here in Wichita).