Saturday, June 28, 2008

Confessions of a Bad Blogger

It's been an entire month since my last post. I've started a new schedule at work. Whereas previously I was scheduled to work 30 hours per week, I'm not scheduled for 40 hours per week. However, due to low mail volume and the general restructuring of work schedules, I've been lucky to get 30 hours per week under the new schedule. They're in the process of adding new cities to our facility's current volume, so hopefully I'll start getting more hours soon. And I need them because my trip to Italy isn't going to be cheap.

About a week and a half ago, my sweetheart was in an accident on his moped. Luckily he came out of it without any serious injuries, although his leg was in quite a bit of pain and his computer was broken. It killed me, not being able to be there to take care of him. I sent him a surprise package of silly things to cheer him up, but he hasn't gotten it yet. You'd think that for almost $40 in shipping charges, it wouldn't take more than a week to fly a little box across the ocean. And yet... His computer is still at the repair shop, which has seriously thrown a kink into our lines of communication. Ever since the accident, we've been pretty much limited to text messages (and the occasional "hello" on Google Chat while he's at work). It's been hard, but we're dealing with it.

Aside from those two things, June has been pretty uneventful. I've started learning some embroidery, and I've continued working on my knitting patterns (which I'm now documenting in a new blog, Agnellino). Truthfully, I haven't been blogging because nothing's been happening (and because I don't think anybody reads this!).