Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cleaning Break...

Valentine's day was wonderful. I took my mom out on a "date." We saw 27 Dresses and had a late lunch/early dinner at Ted's Montana Grill (one of the few restaurants I really like). Friday was not such a wonderful day, however. Personal and professional problems abound, and I spent a good portion of the night blubbering like a baby. But in my experience, a little sleep cures a lot of problems, and by Saturday morning all was once again set to rights. And now I smell like arancia e cannella (orange and cinnamon), an odd combination which smells surprisingly...perfect.

At the moment, I'm attempting to clean up the mess I've made in the living room over the past several months, because Flavio's coming to visit in 11 days. I'm so excited to see him! I'm also watching Becoming Jane, which seems good, although I haven't been paying a lot of attention to it.

After I finished The Time Traveler's Wife, I was going to read The Fourth Bear, but it was horribly boring. So now I'm reading Fire Bell in the Night, which is good although so far not very compelling. I'm not very far into it yet. It's well written, but the characters aren't that interesting.