Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Bienvenue, 2008!

A new year, but not a new me. I'm really happy with where I'm at right now. Of course there are things I'd like to change a bit, because there's always room for improvement, but I don't feel hopeless. It's a good feeling. :-)

I started the year at work. Maybe not the best way to ring it in, but probably better than being by myself at home. I did a little shopping this morning, and I was really proud of myself for not going overboard. I also spent the day taking down my Christmas ornaments and putting them in a couple of small storage containers I bought at Target. I have 78 ornaments now, and although that's probably more than enough, I know I'll never stop collecting them. Maybe I'll just try to limit myself to 5 ornaments per year, though. I think I accumulated 15-20 this year. Holy cow. I also got to talk to my sweetie twice. ♥

I'm exhausted with winter. Longing for leafy trees and warm rain and colorful flip-flops. I miss flowers and sweet bird songs and everything springing to life.

P.S. I've had the greatest idea ever. When I move out, I'm going to get a sister for Maximus. Her name will be Minimus, but I'll just call her Minnie. :-)