Thursday, April 17, 2008

Leaping Lily

Last night I finished my lovely lily pad socks. Searching for things to knit next. Here are some ideas:

  • I'm really interested in knitting some sort of lace shawl/stole. Maybe the Bleeding Hearts Stole from the current issue (Spring 2008) of Interweave Knits. Dream yarn for this project would be Schaefer Andrea in the Indira Gandhi colorway (100% silk and 100% delicious), but it's wicked expensive ($52!!). I'll probably end up using Knit Picks Gloss in Aegean or Blue Bird (total cost for the project would be less than $12).
  • I've signed up on Ravelry (awaiting my invite!) in hopes of finding the Jaywalker sock pattern. I'd like to use this Lana Grossa Meilenweit Color Tweed in Pink/Orange/Brown for the project. These would be for me!
  • My mom wants socks for Mother's Day. She's decided on the Dublin Bay socks, using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Whisper.
  • I want to make a little boy's cardigan as a companion to the little girl's cardigan I finished recently. I'm thinking about the argyle cardigan pattern in Debbie Bliss's Special Knits. I'll use Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in dark blue (for the body) and cream (for the argyle diamonds). I've already got some little dark metal buttons for the project!