Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sit, dog. Stay.

My fat schnauzer Max ran away today. Our big beast of a rottweiler, Xena, has chewed a big hole in part of the fence. Well, really, she's eaten the bottom half of an entire board. We figured Max was too chunky to squeeze through, but apparently not. A neighbor found him and called the phone number on his tag. Thank God for that. Anyway, he's back home now and seems to be pretty pleased with himself and his little adventure.

This morning I bought the current issue of Interweave Knits, but I decided not to buy Favorite Socks for now because I can get it so much cheaper on Amazon than at Borders. I don't need any of those patterns right now anyway. I was going through my stash the other day, and I found a couple skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Old Rose. I don't remember buying this yarn! I'm using it to knit the Child's French Sock pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks.

While I was out this morning, I also finished buying Flavio's birthday presents. I hope he likes them!