Sunday, June 24, 2007

Apartment Stuff

A while back, I took inventory of the stuff I've got for an apartment and made a list of things I still need. Since then, my collection has grown significantly--especially in the furniture department. So I figured I might as well make a new list, to see where I'm at now.

Things I Have:
  • Bedroom furniture (twin-size mattress, boxed springs, bed frame & headboard, chest of drawers, nightstand, bookcase)
  • Living room furniture (armchair, coffee table, 2 bookcases)
  • Entertainment system-ish (big TV, DVD player, stereo)
  • Rugs
  • Computer & desk
  • Folding table & chairs
  • Kitchen stuff (dishes, mugs, silverware, santoku knife, cookie sheets, George Foreman grill, iced tea maker, microwave, wooden salad bowl, barware, colander, baking pans, etc.)
  • Vacuum cleaner
  • Towels, bedding, curtains
  • Telephone w/ answering machine
  • Iron
Things I Need:
  • A set of cookware (pots & pans)
  • Knives
  • Blender
  • Toaster
  • Kitchen utensils (spatulas, mixing spoons, etc.)
  • Drying rack for dishes
  • Various other kitchen doodads
  • Bathroom rug
  • Ironing board
  • End table for the living room
I think I'm pretty well set, actually. I'm really glad I've been buying apartment stuff for the past few years. It makes it a lot easier to move on such short notice, if I do get this job in Hutchinson. Speaking of the job, pleeeeeeeeeease cross your fingers for me!!