Thursday, July 12, 2007

You Might Think It's Stupid, But I Still Think It's Art

Maybe all of my post titles should be Rhett Miller lyrics from now on. Yeah, I kinda dig that idea. At least for today. So I ordered 3 Old 97s CDs today. J.Crew sent me size 10 flip-flops (although I definitely ordered size 11), but it's okay because apparently sizes are negotiable when it comes to non-binding footwear. Okay, they're not as comfortable as one size up would be, but they work. I just need to break them in or something.

If a "tween" is someone stuck between being a kid and a teenager, what do you call someone stuck between being a...whatever...and an adult? Twadult? Uh, I dunno. But whatever it is, I had one of those moments this morning over my breakfast of Fruity Pebbles and café Vienna. Hey, they actually don't taste so bad together. I bought a few groceries last night. I think we're going to try this new thing...Mom buys basic staples, but if we want anything special we're on our own. I started by buying lime popsicles, all natural Oreo-type cookies, veggie chips, pad thai, a sesame chicken noodle bowl (which I ate for lunch today...it wasn't very good...the "chicken flavor" was vegan; I think maybe if I'd stirred in some chicken boullion, it would've improved the flavor greatly), Fruity Pebbles, café Vienna instant coffee, Jones soda, shortbread, and strawberry fruit leather. Mostly snack-type stuff, since I'm not home to eat meals much these days.

Xena has taken over my big red chair. :-\