Monday, July 24, 2006

Goal #1

So one of my new goals is to stop thinking about the future. That probably seems at odds with trying to get my life on track, but stay with me here for a second. I spend a lot of time in my head, thinking about random things. I daydream about my future a lot, but I never spend any time thinking about how I'm going to get there. I dwell on the future, but pay very little attention to what I'm doing at the present. Like today in the shower...I was thinking about being 40 and married with 4 kids and living in an old farmhouse in Connecticut, like it's just going to suddenly happen if I snap my fingers.

So Goal #1 is to focus on what's happening in my life right now. Worry about finishing school & getting a decent job so maybe someday I can afford that old farmhouse in Connecticut. Enjoy every single day now, so that when I'm 40 and have 4 kids I'm not craving a second chance to be a carefree twentysomething. I think this is going to be a lot harder for me than it sounds, just because I've been like this my whole life.