Monday, October 23, 2006

Goodbye, Still Life!!

Today in Freehand Drawing, we completed our final still life project. FINALLY!! I'm actually pretty happy with this one. I got to spend two class periods on it (a total of about 4 hours). There was some more detailing I could've (should've) done on the mask, but I just didn't have time. I spent a lot of time on the shading of the mask, to get the contours right. And I also spent quite a bit of time doing those dents on that kettle. I redrew them a couple of times. Anyway, like I said, I'm pretty happy with it. And we start drawing our first model on Wednesday!! Color me happy.

This afternoon I went to Target with Laura. They were having a sale on knee socks!! I bought 5 pairs. I also got some food that doesn't take more than 5 minutes to make (like cookies and Spaghetti-O's). Because I haven't been eating. I actually lost 5 lbs. this weekend. Because I haven't been eating. I mean, I'm not complaining about losing weight...but I know I haven't lost it in a healthy way. I just haven't been hungry lately. Or, I have, but nothing ever sounds good, so I just don't eat.

After Target, Laura & I went to Something Brewing and got coffee. When she gets out of band, we're going to Taco Bell to grab dinner. Then I guess I'm going over to Cook to watch football with her and some other people (i.e. they're going to watch football, and I'm going to work on Ryan's socks).