Saturday, October 21, 2006

Open Up Your Heart and Let This Fool Rush In

I just got back from seeing Marie Antoinette. It was fabulous!! Really, absolutely fantastic. Funny and sad and so beautiful. I wanna see it again!

Before the movie, we (Ryan, Ariane, and I) went to Barnes & Noble. A while back, I "won" a $10 B&N gift card, so I figured this was the perfect opportunity to use it. I thought about buying the new Lemony Snicket book (I have all of the others), but since I haven't gotten past the 8th or 9th book, I figured that one could wait. So I ended up getting Banishing Verona, by Margot Livesey. She wrote one of my favorite books, Eva Moves the Furniture, which was very quiet and slow and sad. I like things like that sometimes. I also bought a sparkly birthday card for Rachel and a really pretty mug with a picture of the Colosseum and a bunch of Roman-y stuff on it. They had a London one too, with a picture of Big Ben, but the Rome one was so much prettier.

Today I started knitting a pair of socks for Ryan for his birthday. I know I'm gonna need to spend pretty much all of my spare time on them in order to finish them in time (his birthday is November 4th), but I'm so tempted to read my new book instead! But I guess that can wait...it'll be nice to have that to read during the long ride home at Thanksgiving.