Monday, October 09, 2006

I'm Pretty Sure I'm Dying...

About six weeks ago, I woke up in a world of pain. My ribcage felt like it had contracted, and my organs felt like they were expanding. My lungs couldn't expand to take in air, and I felt like I couldn't breathe. And there was this incredibly sharp pain in my upper abdomen. I couldn't lie down, and I couldn't stand up. The only position that was comfortable was sitting with my knees pulled close to my chest. I took some Motrin, and a few minutes later the pain went away. I had no idea what had caused the pain, but I thought maybe it was because of my period, even though it was in such a weird spot.

Four weeks later, the next time I was on my period, I had the pain again. I don't remember it being quite as intense as the first time I'd had it, but I also wasn't quite so surprised by it. Again, I took some Motrin, and the pain went away.

Last night, around 9:15, it happened again. I'm not on my period this time. After taking Motrin last night, the pain mostly went away, but I still felt nauseous and had a bit of a dull ache when I stood up for more than a few minutes.

So now I don't know what to think. It's obviously not being caused by my period. Even though it's in the right spot, I don't think it's my appendix, because I don't think the pain would be so spread out (timewise). If it happens again, I'm going to go see a doctor. I hope nothing is seriously wrong with me...