Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happiness Is

Another beautiful day, another beautiful mood.

Last night, Ariane & I stayed up until 2 a.m. talking. Talking about love and life and passion and beauty. I realized a lot of things last night. I realized that I'm sick of these schmucks I've been dating, who don't do anything, don't think anything, don't feel anything. I'd rather go through life alone, feeling and experiencing everything I can, than to be in a boring relationship where I'm not being challenged or stimulated.

I also realized that I need to forget about my past, especially 2006. I need to stop using that as a crutch. Yes, bad things happened to me, but if I don't get over it then I'm never going to let myself be happy. Working jobs a monkey could do isn't going to make me happy, so right now my plan for after graduation really sucks. Yes, I need money, but I'm also intelligent, creative, and hard-working. And I have a passion for helping people. So I'm not really sure what I'm going to do now, but it needs to be something important. It needs to be something meaningful.

Anyway, today has been a great day. After class, I took a walk down to Something Brewing and got some coffee. The coffee was good, but mostly I just wanted to walk and enjoy the sun and the wind and the smell of everything springing back to life. I'm really and truly happy.