Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sick as a Dog, but Feeling Strangely Fine

And I just keep getting sicker.

But it's been a good weekend. I guess it's really been a 3-day weekend because I skipped my classes on Friday (including my test, which my professor is letting me make up later). And after work Thursday night, I ended up going over to Andrew's apartment for a drink. Last night I ended up drunk in Laura's apartment, with a fever, crying my eyes out because I ran out of tissues and my nose was hurting from blowing it on cheap toilet paper.

Today Laura & I went to Target so I could buy some more tissues, and I ended up buying 6 movies. Yes, six. And there were 4 more I had to convince myself not to buy. I got The Prestige, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Dead Poets Society, Matilda, 12 Angry Men, and Under the Tuscan Sun. The ones I almost bought were The Virgin Suicides, When Harry Met Sally, Aladdin, and Man of the Year. Because what do you do when you're sick? You watch movies...

I ate fake meat for dinner. It was actually really good... I don't think I'm going to become a vegetarian, but I think I'm going to start incorporating more substitutes into my diet. It's not really the animal cruelty that gets me, though...I mean, yes, that stuff is horrible, but I've known about it for a long time and it's never been enough to convince me to stop eating meat. But the chemicals do...they really worry me. I've got cancer on both sides of my family medical history, and pumping my body full of that stuff kind of scares me. Anyway...