Sunday, April 29, 2007

Lazy Day

"Cleaning" my room. Listening to a mix of summer-y music. Missing a bottle of nail polish. Dreaming about my Mustang. Drooling over summery dresses and oversized sunglasses.

Last night I had a dream that I was dating (and living with!) Jack Johnson. It was the best dream I've ever had. I'd spend all day in bed if I thought I could get back to that dream...

I'd really like to quit my job at Dillons, but I don't think that's so much a possibility right now. Actually, I'm not sure they're even planning to hire me back, and part of me would really like it if they didn't. But they probably will, and I'll go back, and I'll put all the effort into my job that I always have. It's not a bad job. I like most of the people I work with. I'd just like to find something different. Something that I really enjoy. Something that let's me wear my own clothes. Or at least something that pays better than 7 bucks an hour.

I miss Max. He's getting fat. This summer I'm gonna take him jogging with me and teach him how to swim.

This morning I bought running clothes and a sports bra and a new swimsuit. I'm so ready for summer. The heat and the sun and the smell of sunscreen & citronella. Sweat. Ceiling fans. Tomatoes. Sprinklers. Violent storms. Chlorine. Fireworks. Hot dogs. Iced tea.

Two weeks.