Thursday, April 26, 2007

Lots of Stuff

So tired. Did not sleep well at all last night. Don't really want to do anything but sleep today. Unfortunately, this is not so much an option since I have crazy amounts of work to do. Yuckkkkkkk.

It's almost over, it's almost over, it's almost over.

In other news, I'm so excited about my car. And I'm never going to shut up about it. I'm actually going to have a car. Like a real car. And it'll be mine. I'm finally excited about driving like most people are when they're 16. (For those who don't know, I've never been excited about driving. I hate driving. I've been putting it off for a long time. I haven't even been behind the wheel of a car in over 4 years. True story.)

Man I can't wait to be done with all of this... And okay, my senior prediction was not bad at all, and overall they weren't as mean this year as they've been in the past. In fact, they were mostly pretty lame. But I'm going to go off about them anyway. Why do we do this? Why is this such a grand tradition? Who wants to end college on such a sour note? I mean, people really get their feelings hurt over this stuff. To me, the whole senior predictions thing really sums up this campus...a huge, judgmental, mean-spirited rumor mill. I think individuals here are pretty nice, but you get people in a group and all they do is talk shit about everybody else. And I'm not gonna lie...I'm guilty of it too. And it makes me sick. It makes me absolutely sick to be in the kind of environment where that's not only acceptable, but it's the number one hobby. I'm sure it's like this at most small residential schools, and that's definitely something I wish I'd known before I started looking at colleges. I went to a small high school, but I never really thought my school was very clique-ish or gossipy, and I assumed that a small college would be the same way. Worst assumption ever!

It's almost over, it's almost over, it's almost over.