Wednesday, September 13, 2006

On Top of the Effing World

I'm not gonna lie, I'm having a pretty fantastic day. First of all, it's not raining. And my shoes, which I thought were beyond repair, are pretty much back to normal. I even wore them today. My Spanish test went fantastically well, and I got back my test in Art History. 100%, bitches. Don't even ask when the last time that happened was, because I can assure you that I don't remember. I'm not sure it's even happened since I've been in college.

In Drawing, Professor Bailin talked to us about our midterm projects (self-portraits). He and I talked about how balance is a huge theme in my life, and he came up with the idea of creating a scale. I'm going to tweak his idea a little bit, probaby just do a drawing of a scale instead of actually buying a brass scale (because I'm el cheapo). On one side of the scale, I'm going to draw things representative of my creative side (art, music, knitting, etc), and on the other side of the scale I'll draw the things that keep me grounded and are more concrete (like accounting). I'm pretty excited about this project now.

ALSO I got my Vera Bradley bag today. I kind of wish that I'd picked a different pattern, but for the most part I'm happy with it. And it came in a huuuuuuge box.