Monday, September 11, 2006

Rain, rain, don't go away...just stop being so inconvenient!

I feel (and probably look) like I just stepped into the shower with all of my clothes still on. It's pouring outside, and I had to use my umbrella to protect my drawing portfolio from the rain, rather than protecting myself. Luckily my drawings didn't get wet (except for a very tiny corner of one, but it's in the border, so I don't think it's going to matter). My shoes, on the other hand, are a completely different story. I think I might have to end up buying a new pair, which is unfortunate because I definitely don't have the money to do that right now. And these are the shoes that I wear every single day. Stupid campus being built in an area that used to be a swamp. :-/

I love rain, I really do. And there's nothing I love more on a rainy day than curling up with my knitting and watching one of my old favorites on DVD. But my knitting is still sitting in the post office, and as much as I want to go get it, I'm not sure I really want to face this stupid rain again. But I suppose if I'm going to go get it (and food from the Burrow, because I haven't eaten today and I'm really hungry), I should do it before I change into dry clothes. Right? Okay...