Sunday, November 12, 2006

A New Look

Alright, I switched to a new template. I don't know if I love it, but it's got the little links on the sidebar, which I really wanted.

One week until I get to see my mom. Eight days until I'll be home. I guess maybe it's not really home anymore...or at least, it won't be for much longer. My mom reminded me of that this morning on the phone, and it made me cry. Don't get me wrong...I'm definitely looking forward to living with Michael and finally being able to set up my own home. But it's sad to think that the place that's been my home for my entire life will only be my home for another 6 months or so. It's weird.

On another note, I'm having a good music year. I really hadn't thought about it much until the other day when someone wrote in my cousin's blog that it'd been a really bad music year. While I wouldn't say that the artists I already loved have put out a lot of great music this year (with the exception of Jewel's new album, which I adore), I've discovered a lot of new stuff that I'm not sure how I ever lived without. Juanes. Lily Allen. Corinne Bailey Rae. Leigh Nash. Madeleine Peyroux. Rachael Yamagata. Fink. The Ditty Bops. Draco and the Malfoys. And a ton of other random songs that I've downloaded this year. It's been wonderful.

The other day, I spent 5 hours hanging out at Hastings while Laura was working. I bought an amazing new cookbook, How to Boil Water and some Burt's Bees honey lip balm. Now I can make hard-boiled eggs, pick fresh produce, and keep my lips moist. And really, what more is there to life? Speaking of eggs, I bought a half-dozen the other day, and I've been eating them every day. I figure it's a good way to replace the protein I'm losing by not eating meat. No, I haven't gone vegetarian, but I also haven't been eating in the cafeteria & I don't feel like messing with raw meat here in the dorms. So the only source of protein I've really had has been Taco Bell...and who knows if that's even really meat?

Time to go do some homework. I mean, sudoku.