Sunday, November 05, 2006

Stream of Consciousness 2

Today I'm writing possibly my last paper ever. I'm about a thousand different kinds of excited about that...it's almost exciting enough to motivate me to actually work on the paper. Almost. In the spirit of staying true to myself, I'm procrastinating like a mofo. I've been watching Food Network pretty much all day. I think I'm going through a nesting phase. I'm not pregnant (or a bird), but it's the same type of thing. I just want to be domestic. I was watching Nigella Lawson's show earlier this afternoon, and she was making all kinds of chocolate goodies. You know, these days, I'm happiest when I'm in the kitchen. I've always been really into creating, and I've used so many different media over the years. I guess food is just my latest medium. Actually, I've got about 5 different crafts that I'm into these days...cooking, knitting, photography, cross stitch, and charcoal drawings (although the latter is just because of my art class). Well, and scrapbooking, but I haven't done that in a while. It's too bad I can't stumble into a career that lets me spend all day creating. Creating whatever strikes my fancy. I think both of these cross stitch projects describe me fairly well...I just can't decide which one is the best!



Today's one of those really dreary days. One of those days that's good to spend in the kitchen, baking cookies or making soup. I'd make some potato soup, but the kitchen's a total mess. That's something I hate about living with people...they don't clean up after themselves and their guests. I mean, yeah, I use the kitchen. And I'm sure I make a mess in there. But I always clean up after myself. Heck, 90% of the time I wash the dishes before I even sit down to eat what I made.

I'm really homesick. I keep trying to remind myself that I get to see my mom 2 weeks from today, and I'll be home 2 weeks from tomorrow. I hope these next 2 weeks just fly by. I think I've got 2 tests before then (economics and art history), plus a composition in Spanish. A few days ago, I ordered some yarn for my art project...which I just realized none of you know about because I haven't mentioned it in here before. Haha, okay, well, I'll write about that later. Anyway, that project is due the Wednesday after Thanksgiving break, which means I need to spend a good chunk of my break working on it (ya know, when I'm not working at the store or cooking or shopping or visiting family or stuffing my face or doing the 10 million other things I have planned for that week). Aaaagh! But this slight November crunch is going to pay off in December, when I only have TWO FINALS! And I get to go home on December 9th or 10th. And I don't have to return to this inner circle of hell until January 14th. And during that wonderful interim, I get to spend 6 glorious days with my sweetie pie. But once classes start on the 16th, I'm expecting a 4-month depression to sink in. I'm trying not to focus on that so much.

Alright, enough procrastinating...well, enough procrastinating by journaling. Now it's time to look at pretty pictures of food on the internet for a couple of hours. Wheeeee!