Friday, August 11, 2006

Goodbye, Store 35...

Today was my last day at my job. The whole thing was kind of bittersweet for me, because of course I'm glad to be done with work, but I'm also going to miss the people I worked with. They made me cry today...the security guard, Roger, got me a bunch of school supplies & a big "Good Luck" balloon & a beautiful card. He took the card around the store with him and had everybody who was working sign it. It was such a sweet thing to do, ya know? And completely unexpected.

Anyway, I'm really going to miss working there. I'm going back in mid-December, when I come home for Christmas. And if I can't find a job before next summer, I'm sure I'll end up back there again. I'm hoping to get a corporate job with the company, in the accounting department. Xavier said he'd talk to the guy in Human Resources for me.

Overall, this job has been such a great experience for me. I'm really going to miss it.