Friday, August 18, 2006

Last Day on the Range

Today was a fun day. Not so productive, but it was fun. I got up at 8:30, fully intending to spend the morning packing. Four hours later, not having packed anything, I went to Dillons to pick up my last paycheck. I was kind of disappointed because only one of my friends was working. I bought a measuring cup.

Back at home, wasted more time. Then my mom & I went to the bank, where I wiped out my savings account. I even thought about closing it completely, just so I could have that 25 bucks they make you keep in there. After the bank, we headed over to New Market Square for our appointments at Beauty First. We were about half an hour early, so we walked into some tacky little boutique called Wild at Heart. They had some ok jewelry, but it was ridiculously overpriced. 30 bucks for a pair of sterling silver earrings? I don't think so.


I had a lot of fun getting my manicure. It's definitely something I'll do again, even if it is a little expensive. The manicurist was really friendly...we mostly chatted about our dogs. I managed to smudge the polish before I left the store, but I'm not too upset about it because it's not very noticeable, and I know I'll screw them up even more during the move this weekend. I think next time I'll get some kind of pretty color instead of French tips.

Here's a picture of the early birthday present my mom gave me a few days ago, a beautiful frosted glass cameo necklace: