Monday, August 14, 2006

Playing Dress-Up

After all these years, I still love playing dress-up. After every trip to the mall, I shut myself up in my room and play "Fashion Show." I can spend hours mixing & matching everything in my wardrobe, seeing what works & what doesn't. Lately I've been wreaking havoc on the color wheel, trying to make everything match with my favorite fuschia sweater (army green goes surprisingly well, but turquoise definitely does not).

I've also been playing around with jewelry a lot lately (much more than I ever have before). It's fun re-discovering beautiful things I forgot I had, like this necklace which belonged to my grandmother. I think I've worn it once before, when I was 13 and went on my first date.


I think I might wear this necklace with my wedding dress someday. It'll be my "something blue."