Friday, May 25, 2007

Fridays with Max

People with big dogs should not have small fences. I took Max for a walk/jog this morning, and on our way home from the park I thought we were gonna be mauled by several huge barking beasts. I shit you not, I saw one RUN UP A WALL trying to get over its fence! And it almost did, too. Thank God Max is practically oblivious to other dogs...if he'd started barking back, I'm afraid it would've given those dogs that extra little bit of motivation they needed to jump the hurdles. I know it's because Bullwinkle got attacked on a walk when I was 9, but I'm so paranoid about big stray dogs. Little stray dogs don't scare me much, though. One followed us about halfway through the park today. A little white poodle. She just kept following us, and until she & Max were face-to-face, he absolutely ignored her. I'm glad she eventually got distracted enough to stop following us, though...I was a little worried she'd follow us all the way home, and I wouldn't have had the heart to shut her out.

This morning I finished reading New Moon, finally. It was a good book, not quite as good as Twilight, but still really good. It just took me so long to finish it because I haven't really had much time to read lately...not to mention my room's been such a mess, I've usually got junk all over my bed, so I don't always have a place to read.