Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Haha...Oh Maroon 5, I'd forgotten how much I love you!!

So I'm sitting here listening to the new Maroon 5 CD, and "Nothing Lasts Forever" comes on...and I think to myself, "Wow...I really like this song." Then I think, "Hey...I know this song! Why do I know this song?" Then I realize...Oh, this is Adam Levine's part from Kanye West's "Heard 'Em Say" (a.k.a. my favorite KW song)!! So, yes, favorite song on the CD so far. Although "Won't Go Home Without You" (the 2nd song the band performed on SNL last weekend) is a very close second right now. I can't really put my finger on why, but parts of it remind me of old Stevie Wonder songs.

Anyway, I'm only about half way through it, but so far this is a really good CD. Ten times better than their first, definitely.

edit:
Okay, new favorite: "Better That We Break." So sad, so beautiful... Today I realized that I really like sad breakup songs. I find them more romantic than a lot of love songs. What the hell?